Mount Desert Island Regional School System - AOS 91
Pemetic Elementary School
The Southwest Harbor School Committee seeks an experienced and exemplary educational leader to serve as principal of Pemetic Elementary School beginning in July 2017.
Southwest Harbor is located on Mount Desert Island, Maine, the home of Acadia National Park. Pemetic is a K-8 public school serving approximately 150 +/- students with an exceptional professional staff of 42. Strongly supported by community and area collaboratives, student learning is grounded in a Proficiency Based Learning System, robust program offerings and a commitment to serving the individual needs of all students.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced and innovative educational leader
- Lead with transformative vision, intention and follow through
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of, and proven experience with, curriculum, instruction and assessment in a Proficiency Based Learning System
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, analyze, interpret and strategically respond to data
- Possess a deep understanding and practical working knowledge of adolescent learning and development
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Apply effective leadership and management strategies
- Facilitate and nurture an experienced team of professionals focused on the success of all learners
- Provide a proven track record and successful experience in supporting teachers and staff through professional development, supervision and evaluation
- Be able to collaborate with all stakeholders to realize a 21st Century Vision for Learning
This position includes a competitive salary and benefit package and professional support through the Mount Desert Island Regional School System. Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, statement of philosophy, 3 current references, transcripts, documentation of certification and application found at: www.mdirss.org/employment.
Please submit your application packet as a single PDF document in the order you want it reviewed to: email@example.com.
Attention: Dr. Marc Edward Gousse, Superintendent of Schools
Application deadline: Friday, March 03, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Note: Incomplete application packets will not be considered or screened. All application materials must be submitted electronically -- please do not submit by mail or in person.